Monday, December 10, 2007

"The Passion of Matthew Shepard"



There are many organizations that need help during the year and during the holidays. Please give when you can.
I was at the University of Wyoming in Laramie, Wyoming the Summer of 2002. I was there for the Episcopal Youth Event and was responsible for a dorm of youth and adults that were in attendance. There were around 2,500 attendees from every State in the USA, the Caribbean, Central and South America, Micronesia and the United Kingdom.
One of the days a group of us ventured out to the location where Matthew Shepard was found and had a service. I was very moved by the way the young people reacted and the passion, compassion and empathy that they showed. I am fortunate that sometimes I have the privilege to glimpse at a group of youth (who are now adults) that give me hope and fire up my optimism for the present and future.
I pray today for the many youth that find themselves disconnected and in a time of solitude and despair they feel they can not overcome. I pray that they find their angels and that the angels out there find them. AMEN

No comments: