Wednesday, April 22, 2009

AIDS Walk 2009









Mr. S and I (and many other people) had a really active weekend. I will post later about the Miami Beach Pride Event and other things. Right now, I have the time to thank all of you who donated to and supported me in the Miami AIDS Walk.

It was a beautiful morning and the there was a huge turn out. I was sore, tired and dragging, but was at the starting line at 8:45 AM with a smile and ready to go . Mr. S, Kendall and I walked the course and mingled and chatted with other participants along the way.
Twist and other local businesses were ready with cold water to give out and Red Bull was ready in their yearly spot on Espanola Way. It might seem like a small thing, but is very much needed and appreciated by all those walking. It was a very sunny and warm day.
As always, Mrs Blair was there volunteering with the group from St. Steven's and the Churches in the Grove group. There were visibly many more young people involved this year and the weather cooperated completely. We will continue to pray and wait for the day when we can gather together like this as a complete community to celebrate a cure.....

No comments: