


It's the weekend and have spent it getting caught up with work stuff, home stuff, and preparing for my upcoming trip. (Didn't know I had so much dry cleaning and laundry to do.) I have been in a crappy mood the last few days, but part was my own making. Soooo! Friday, I had a long day of work, passed by Twist for a minute. Was going to do a costume change and go to Palace for Gerladine's Birthday, but instead, had my own private pity party of one at home with laundry/movie night. Irma needed extra attention that evening (ok now) and Mom was exhausted. I will make it up to Geraldine and Fernan D. Cute on Monday.
Funny thing: My mom was confused and upset about "Anna Nicole Kidman". "I liked her and she was so pretty!", she said. I corrected her and and she was glad to know that Tom Cruise's ex was still around.
Saturday, I did work all day from home and in the evening I was taken out for my official pre-birthday birthday by my girls. I sometimes call them "Theeeeeeese Women!". (I define them as the women in a man's life that know you too well and can irk you to no end, but you still love them and have in your life. They can be actual family or adopted family, but you are all connected...and in my case they are all straight.)
It is a surprise when you have four Latin's actually get together and be on time. We met at Little A's house, chatted and then went to "Trattoria d'Solel". The place was full. We had reservations, so the couples waiting for tables were not happy when we walked in and were seated right away (a hint to those who want good seating....make reservations, be on time, patient, and smile). The service was excellent and food was well prepared and served immediately. Our table conversation ranged from "Virginity Balls" (I will leave it to your imagination) and sex to teaching, raising kids, travel, math, how we all met, wines, what age we are going to fake, how to host a good party and going "commando". A full meal, varied deserts, wine and coffee later, we decided to walk and play it by ear.
Next part: We walked down Sunset Drive and criticized every shop along the way. These ranged from upscale children's stores ($50.00 for a bib!!!) to antique stores with jewelry so gaudy that even this Puerto Rican thought was too much. (If a Puerto Rican thinks it is too much, that means you regular folks can decorate your whole home for Christmas with one strand of it.) I did purchase some "cocktail muddler's" for the Palace Boys. (The straight boys confused them for erotic objects.)
The best display was a men's store with cadaver mannequins that had died of love. No, I did not take a pictue in front. I did think it was a funny display. I include the picture here to prove it. I have a special posting for Valentine's Day and I still believe in love and relationships.
We then ended up at "Martini Bar". The high heeled, well dressed, big booty/chested women, straight men, everybody dance mecca of South Miami. We called some more friends who showed up within a 1/2 hour.
I had a blast confusing my sis's and her friend's men friends. Next hint: A Greygoose, strait up with a lime, martini is not a sissy drink (What was James Bond's beverage?). It is not to be chugged. My manners and smile got me a long way. One of the boys offered me a shot (a Triple Threat). I did it without a blink and kept chatting. He looked at me and said "It's gonna hit you in 1/2 hour". I told him " I'm the grandfather of this group, that shot was nothing new." I then offered him a shot of my choice and he refused and walked away....
The best, I think, was when I assisted a lady dancer to her post and she thanked me and smiled and then the lady bartender thanked me for my service (Hey! Straight people, actually, all people! Tip your servers! $1.00 for 5 drinks is not a tip!). The boys (who are regulars and know my girls) had, to my observation, never even gotten that far with them.
Part of meeting the boys is that they are the one's that hang out with my girls. I have decided first impressions of them....approval is still pending. They are all on probation with me right now, but I can still out do/think them. FYI: The oldest of the boys was at least 10 yrs younger than me.
We danced to music from old school and rock to salsa and rap. I was relaxed, hung out and had good conversation...I collected my gifts and was taken home. I am now ready for the next week and I am smiling again..... all thanks to "Theeeeeese Women!"


No comments:
Post a Comment