Thursday, April 12, 2007

...actions and words....

I was very complimented this week by friends and co-workers that said that my words and actions go together. I did not think this was a difficult thing for people to do. I try to follow up with what I say I am going to do. I guess it's part of being an adult.

Some of this came from the amount of commitments I have made for the next few weeks. I do invite others to join me, but time management isn't a strong point for some people. Also, I do prepare for things in advance (sometimes way too far). The family responsibilities sometimes get in the way, that is why I need to plan ahead. I am also in a relationship that I enjoy, am thankful for and want to nurture.

I guess I do want to be an "authentic" person....doing things for my family, friends, and the community are part of that. Along the way, I do take time to care for myself.... I have been eating healthier (no, I have not cut out the fried food), exercising, getting adequate rest,having meditation/quiet time and still have time for the social/friends time. It does make my mind a little clearer and been keeping me more in perspective recently. Some have told me I look thinner, but I have gained weight and muscle.


Coming up this month is the Aids Walk Miami, Youth Commission Meeting, Acolyte Festival Post Meeting and Dinner, Miami Gay Lesbian Film Festival (I am a volunteer), 3 friend's birthdays, and other work and church things.

A hint for some of you: It is not a bad thing and it does not make you a bad person if you say "No" to a request for a commitment of your time. It is better than not following through.

No comments: