Monday, April 02, 2007

Here piggie, piggie!


Mr. S and I attended a dinner party held by the South Florida Diver's Club. We were invited by Tara and Joseph (a very nice couple). There were about 75 people there and the main course was a whole roast pig done in a "Caja China"(A kind of barbque made of, what looks like, large oil drums). There was sooo much food, wine and beer!.


Tara (who is Armenian) and I kept saying that the best part of the roast is the crispy skin. She did then take it upon herself to start chewing on the pig head. (Who says you can't have fun with a bunch of straight people).


Mr. S and I were courted to go scuba diving some time. His answer was " I haven't dived since college...." It's a very tempting offer and the whole group was great. I was more of the social one and we were the only "alternative" couple there. Some of the pictures I took might end up in their newsletter.


In other news:

Poneh got to meet Mr. S and"The" Mrs. Astor. It ends up that Mrs. Astor and Poneh share the same birthdate (April 17). She was also very happy to get her first parking ticket. (She just purchased a Yaris.)


Invitations are going out for the "Disco de Mayo"and planning is in full swing. The Palace will most likely be using the logo I came up with for the invitations and the event.


Mr. S and I had a great weekend together. I recommend the new Macy Gray Album to everyone.

No comments: